CannabisNews420.com – Cannabis/Marijuana Industry News
Infusing Oils with Cannabis
Once you know how to make marijuana infused oils, everything changes! Literally any dish you would typically use oil in can easily and quickly become a marijuana-infused meal or snack. You can replace the oil on a 1-to-1 ratio with marijuana oil.
Even better, actually making marijuana-infused oil is a relatively simple task: And one that isn’t incredibly time consuming. It’s also a versatile process, allowing you to use most any type of oil: Coconut, olive, canola, avocado and so on.
Below is a simple-to-follow and quick recipe with instructions for marijuana-infused oil.
How to Make Marijuana-Infused Oil:
- First, decarboxylate around one-fourth to one-half an ounce of ground marijuana (depending on how potent you want the product to be). You can do this by placing the ground marijuana on a parchment paper-lined cooking pan, and placing it into a preheated oven (225 degrees Fahrenheit) for around half an hour
- Take a full cup of coconut oil, and heat it in a sauce pan (around medium heat) with around half a cup of water
- Place the ground marijuana inside the coconut oil and water after about 5 minutes
- Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring regularly
- Place the coconut oil, cannabis and water mixture through a mesh strainer (or cheese cloth) in order to remove the marijuana
- Allow the remaining mixture to get solid in the fridge – then, remove the top layer of water and you’ve got yourself some marijuana-infused, activated coconut oil!
Using Other Types of Oil for Marijuana-Infused Oil
Although it’s one of the more versatile oils, especially for baking, you don’t have to limit yourself to just coconut oil! We also recommend infusing marijuana into:
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Peanut oil
- Sunflower oil
- Palm oil
- Red palm oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Vegetable oil
What Dishes Are Marijuana-Infused Oil Good in?
The answer? Almost anything!
Don’t be shy – once you make marijuana-infused oil, you can use it in anything that calls for regular oil. Cookies? Check. Brownies? Check. Pizza? Check.
All you have to do is replace the oil called for in a recipe with the marijuana-infused oil on a one-to-one ratio. However, this may make for a potent product, so take it slow before you down a whole pizza!
Mixing Marijuana-Infused Oil With Non-Infused Oil
If you make marijuana-infused oil and find that it’s a bit too potent for your taste, try mixing it half-and-half with non-infused oil, which will cut the potency in half (you could also do something like 80/20 if you just want it a little less potent, or 20/80 if you want it drastically less potent).
The post Making Cannabis Infused oils appeared first on TheJointBlog.