CannabisNews420.com – Cannabis/Marijuana Industry News
Yes, it’s true – marijuana edibles are marijuana-infused foods or drinks that are typically made using grounded marijuana leaves or buds. However, edibles can also be made with concentrated marijuana, such as kief, oil and hashish.
Doing so results in a more potent product that, unless you use but a small amount, will have high levels of THC (and other marijuana compounds), considerably higher than an edible made with regular marijuana.
All that said, let’s take a look at how to make edibles with hash!
What is hash?
Hash is a marijuana concentrate that can be made through a variety of methods, including packing together kief.
Hash can also be made by using various extraction methods including alcohol extraction and ice water extraction (bubble hash).
Given hash is a marijuana concentrate, it has much higher levels of THC and other cannabinoids than normal marijuana. For example, the average THC percentage in marijuana is between 15% – 25%, whereas the average THC percentage of hash is around 55% – 65%, though some hash is even more potent.
In addition to making edibles, hash is regularly used to top bowls (pipes, bongs, etc.), or to sprinkle into joints, in order to make them more potent.
If you want to use hash to make marijuana edibles, we highly recommend that you decarb the hash in order to increase its potency and efficacy.
To decarb your hash:
– Preheat your over to 220 degree (F)
– Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
– Spread the hash out in a thin and even layer, cutting with a small sharp knife if needed: You want the hash to be no thicker than half an inch
– Place the hash in the oven and heat for 35 – 40 minutes
Making edibles with hash:
Making edibles with hash is simple: All you need to do is make hash butter or oil!
– 1 cup of butter or coconut oil
– 1 gram of hash
– 1/2 cup of water
– Mesh strainer or cheese cloth
What to do:
– Heat the butter or oil with the water on medium to medium-high heat
– After 5-10 minutes, stir in the cannabis
– Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring regularly
– Place the mixture through your strainer or cloth and remove all solid marijuana matter that remains
– Place the mixture in the fridge and allow it to solidify (1-2 hours)
– Remove the top layer of water
The post How to Make Edibles with Hash appeared first on TheJointBlog.