CannabisNews420.com – Cannabis/Marijuana Industry News
There are many delicious vegan recipes out there that are easy to prepare, and one of them is cannabis-infused nut butter. Taking up a vegan lifestyle is a healthy choice for your body and a good choice for the earth. But in a world where meat-focused diets are becoming more popular, sticking to a vegan diet can be challenging.
Related: Hemp Protein – Best Vegan Protein Source?
Balancing the nutrient needs of your body with a vegan lifestyle can be difficult at first, but with the help of some simple aids and tips, you can master the art of preparing delicious recipes that provide all the nutrients you need. One such delightful way of introducing the necessary nutrients to your body is cannabis-infused nut butter.
Waking up to a healthy and filling breakfast is the ideal way to start the day. But that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen toiling to prepare your first meal.
You can choose healthy and convenient items such as nut butter, which is brimming with vitamin E, fats, fibre and fat-soluble vitamins. And the best thing? The health benefits of the vitamins are accompanied by an enriching taste. Sunflower seeds, almonds and peanuts are some of the most common and best nut butter ingredients.
Why should I infuse nut butter with cannabis?
Cannabis is becoming one of the most popular ingredients across the globe. The extracts of the plant contain a large palette of nutrients that can easily make a wholesome meal. Further, ingesting cannabis or cannabidiol (CBD) has shown to help against a range of ailments, such as pain, inflammation, insomnia and anxiety.
Infusing your edibles with cannabis is nothing new. Pot brownies have lasted many decades with their elegant taste and incredibly high. Moreover, brands such as bc cannabis are launching amusing products and special strains to let users cherish the goodness of cannabis.
Nowadays, pot-culture is huge, and the latest trend is making everyday recipes with cannabis to enjoy a regular dose. Your nut butter can be an easy and elegant way of infusing CBD or cannabis into your regular diet.
The process of infusing your nut butter with cannabis is simple, and the flavours are mind-blowing. You can wake up to a healthy breakfast or a refreshing snack with this awesome recipe.
Recipe for cannabis oil
While store-bought CBD oil from authentic brands can be a great ingredient to prepare your cannabis nut butter, you can also make your own cannabis oil. It gives you the liberty to work with any particular strain of cannabis you might want to try.
What you need to make cannabis oil:
- 1 cup of ground cannabis flowers of any strain
- 1 cup of oil — any cooking oil you like
Related: Full Spectrum CBD Oil vs CBD Isolate
How to prepare cannabis oil:
- Using a hand grinder, grind the cannabis flowers to a rough powder. Do not make it too fine, or the particles will enter your oil from the strainer.
- Add the cannabis powder to the oil and place it in a saucepan on low heat. This process is for decarboxylation of the cannabis flowers.
- Let the mixture heat for about three hours with frequent stirring.
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the mixture. Do not squeeze the cloth, or you will end up with a lot of chlorophyll or fine particles in your oil.
- Refrigerate, and you can use the oil for about two months.
Alternatively, you can also try crockpot or double boiler methods for this process to prepare your cannabis oil.
Homemade cannabis nut butter with CBD
Once you have your cannabis oil or CBD oil ready, you can make cannabis nut butter in two ways. You can choose a ready-made nut butter and add your cannabis oil to the recipe or prepare it from scratch.
What you need to make CBD nut butter:
- 3 cups of almonds or peanuts
- 4 tablespoons of CBD oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
How to prepare CBD nut butter
- Set your oven to preheat at about 175°C (350°F).
- Arrange the nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Ensure you spread them evenly for proper roasting.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and roast for about ten minutes. Check the oven to make sure they roast evenly. You can smell the delicious nutty flavours when done.
- Take them out of the oven and place aside to let them cool.
- When cool, add the nuts to a food processor and blend to get a fine powder.
- Pulse until the nuts begin to form into a paste. The powder will slowly convert into a paste from the natural oils of the nuts. You can add a drop of oil or butter to the mixture if you like.
- When the mixture begins to form into a paste, add the CBD oil, along with honey and salt. Taste the mixture to balance the ingredients for the best flavour.
- Blend again until it forms a thick uniform paste.
- Transfer the CBD infused nut butter to a container and refrigerate. The nut butter is suitable for use for at least three weeks if refrigerated.
Home-infused cannabis nut butter
You can also work with your favourite store-bought nut butter and create a simple recipe to infuse the goodness of cannabis into your delicious nut butter.
Related: Cannabis Edibles in Europe — Bigger Than Smoking Marijuana?
What you need to make cannabis-infused nut butter:
- 1 jar of your favourite nut butter
- 6 tablespoons of CBD oil
How to prepare cannabis-infused nut butter:
- Add the CBD oil to your nut butter jar. Make sure there is a proper balance of dosage per serving to give you the best experience.
- Mix the oil thoroughly to spread evenly throughout the jar.
- Your nut butter will become slightly oilier, but mixing it well will reduce this effect.
- Your CBD infused nut butter is ready to brighten your morning.
Two tips for preparing amazing cannabis nut butter
And last but not least, here are two things to consider when you want to make cannabis nut butter.
Quality and cannabis strain matter
The quality of CBD oil used determines the taste and benefits. Try to buy from quality sources such as dispensaries or trusted brands online. You can also skip store-bought oils entirely and prepare your very own cannabis oil at home.
In that case, keep in mind the strain of cannabis you are using to ensure you get what you are looking for. Some strains make you feel energized, whereas others make you relaxed and sleepy. If you would like the butter to brighten your day with energy and creativity, choose Sativa varieties.
The dosage makes all the difference
Understand the dosage levels required for your goal before you prepare the cannabis nut butter. CBD oil dosage depends on the concentration of the oil you have in hand. Calculate the levels of CBD concentration per dosage carefully, especially if you have homemade cannabis oil.
Related: Top 10 CBD Oil Products in Europe in 2020
If the CBD oil is 250 ml and contains 50 mg of CBD, the concentration is 0.2 mg per ml (50/250 = 0.2). Vary the ingredient levels to achieve the right ratio for the best outcome.
Try these easy to make cannabis nut butter recipes at home and relish a flavoursome and healthy meal.
The post How to Make Cannabis-Infused Nut Butter appeared first on Strain Insider.