CannabisNews420.com – Cannabis/Marijuana Industry News
As the days grow shorter and colder, the season for warm and cozy drinks has arrived. Many people already have a ritual built around their morning coffee or night time tea — making it an ideal vessel for a daily dose of cannabis. With health and immunity at the top of everyone’s mind, infusing cannabis for an extra boost of wellness, physical and mental, is just as easy with warm beverages as it is with traditional iced cocktails.
One of the most useful technologies in creating cannabis drink products, from ground coffee to powder mixers, is nano-emulsion technology. Essentially, this process breaks down the cannabis elements into particles tiny enough to get mixed into other ingredients while retaining potency. Cannabis products that are nano-emulsified are particularly efficient for drinks because they are relatively flavorless, allow for quick on-set of cannabis effects, and stay suspended in liquid without separating.
With seasonal flavors, we use a variety of cannabis products to create warming drinks as tasty as they are potent. Many of the cannabis drink enhancers are interchangeable and come in a wide variety of flavors, including non-flavored, to allow maximum versatility and creativity when it comes to taking your drinks to the next level.
How to make delicious warm cannabis-infused cocktails
Before you start mixing, there’s a few tried-and-true tips you should have at your disposal for the best canna-cocktail experience:
- After following a recipe, periodically taste and adjust the amounts of each ingredient to create your ideal balance.
- Use almost-boiling water. Using water that has cooled a bit from being boiled will be plenty hot to bring flavors together while allowing some of the more delicate notes of mix-ins — like matcha, fresh citrus, and spices — to shine.
- Add your own flare: play around with garnishes to put a personalized stamp on homemade drinks. Try anything from cinnamon sticks to infused honey.
Why the sleepy CBD Hot Toddy?
Hot toddies are a cold weather staple to take out the chill ward off the common cold. Instead of spiking with the classic whiskey, our version is made with CBD that is specifically designed for rest and relaxation.
Tip: fresh citrus really makes a difference in this drink, adding brightness and maximum flavor. You can use some of the zest for an even more intense citrus kick, and add ins like ginger and turmeric would be tasty and healthy additions as well.
- 7 ounces of hot water
- Juice of ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 dose of 25 milligrams of CBD drink enhancer
- Heat water to near boiling.
- While water is heating, juice the lemon into your mug, add honey and swirl to combine.
- Add hot water and CBD drink enhancer — stir to combine.
- Garnish with optional extras like sliced lemons or a cinnamon stick.
Products we mixed: Nightly Dose CBD & CBN Oil by Green Roads
With 2.5 milligrams melatonin, 22.5 milligrams of CBD, and 2.5 milligrams of CBN, Green Roads’ Nightly Dose will have you easily drifting into dreamland. Add this fruity, blueberry oil to make the perfectly relaxing hot toddy cocktail.
Photos by Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
The post How to make a cannabis-infused sleepy CBD hot toddy appeared first on Weedmaps News.