CannabisNews420.com – Cannabis/Marijuana Industry News
As the days grow shorter and colder, the season for warm and cozy drinks has arrived. Many people already have a ritual built around their morning coffee or night time tea — making it an ideal vessel for a daily dose of cannabis. With health and immunity top everyone’s mind, infusing cannabis for an extra boost of wellness, physical and mental, is just as easy with warm beverages as it is with traditional iced cocktails.
One of the most useful technologies in creating cannabis drink products, from ground coffee to powder mixers, is nano-emulsion technology. Essentially, this process breaks down the cannabis elements into particles tiny enough to get mixed into other ingredients while retaining potency. Cannabis products that are nano emulsified are particularly efficient for drinks because they are relatively flavorless, allow for quick onset of cannabis effects, and stay suspended in liquid without separating.
With seasonal flavors, we use a variety of cannabis products to create warming drinks as tasty as they are potent. Many of the cannabis drink enhancers are interchangeable and come in a wide variety of flavors, including non-flavored, to allow maximum versatility and creativity when it comes to taking your drinks to the next level.
How to make delicious warm cannabis-infused cocktails
Before you start mixing, there’s a few tried-and-true tips you should have at your disposal for the best canna-cocktail experience:
- After following a recipe, periodically taste and adjust the amounts of each ingredient to create your ideal balance.
- Use almost-boiling water. Using water that has cooled a bit from being boiled will be plenty hot to bring flavors together while allowing some of the more delicate notes of mix-ins — like matcha, fresh citrus, and spices — to shine.
- Add your own flare: play around with garnishes to put a personalized stamp on homemade drinks. Try anything from cinnamon sticks to infused honey.
Why the Canna Spiced Latte?
A twist on the cult-status favorite, Pumpkin Spiced Latte, this is an ultra-comforting blend of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg with CBD infused coffee. For those looking to add THC, stirring in one dose of canna-butter or canna-coconut oil makes for an extra rich version.
Tip: those who want to stick to their favorite coffee blend can also add a no-flavor CBD drink enhancer for the same calming effect, without sacrificing signature flavor.
- 1 cup prepared CBD coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk or creamer of choice
- 1 handheld milk frother
- 1 serving of cannabis-infused butter or coconut oil, optional
- Brew the coffee by method of choice.
- While coffee is brewing, add spices, syrup and milk to your mug and combine with a handheld milk frother — or whisk with a fork — to combine well.
- Add coffee and stir or froth to combine.
- Stir in optional canna-oil or butter.
Products we mixed: Hemp Flower Coffee by Green Roads
With 9.76 milligrams of CBD per serving, Green Roads’ Hemp Flower Coffee may pep you up without the caffeine jitters. Columbian coffee and American hemp combine for a unique cup o’ joe.
Cali Rise Coffee by Kickback
There’s 90 milligrams of Broad Spectrum Nano-CBD in every bag of Cali Rise Coffee, so you can revel in the smooth, buttery flavors and mellow effects before taking on the day.
Photos by Gina Coleman/Weedmaps
The post How to make a cannabis-infused Canna-Spiced Latte appeared first on Weedmaps News.